Sunday, October 10, 2004

A Day of Rest

It's Sunday and it seemed to me like the entire world knows it. I don't mean it in the 'Yes of course it's Sunday, look at the calendar idiot.' No, I mean it in the way you can feel it in your bones.
I woke up and that glorious golden light of autumn was streaming in the window. Birds (jays, tufted titmouse, and finches) were at the feeder while the pale gray doves were pecking at the windfall seeds in the grass below. The cats, Wyatt and Tripp and temporary visiting cat were avidly watching their version of Kitty TV.
The entire day was bathed in the beautiful light, it was a day filled with the tasks and minutia that seems to clutter my life. But, that beautiful light kept calling to me and the cats kept trying to show me what I should be doing. They were simply existing in the moment and dozing in the glorious golden light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home